Located on the main street of Cartagena, it was built in 1853 as a private residence of the Marquis de Casa Tilly. In 1837 it became the headquarters of the Society of the Casino which grouped all the social classes of Cartagena: the economically more settled and those involved in the political and business life of the City. A Bourgeoisie enriched thanks to the mining boom from the mountains of La Unión in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This aristocratic building, with more than 2000 square meters, is a baroque building of eclectic and modernist style, with four floors arranged around a central patio with galleries and dome light. Between 1870 and 2005 it was refurbished and restored in four occasions. The most important intervention was done in 1875 by the architect Victor Beltrí and the designer Rafael Amaré in pure modernist style. In 2004 the building was declared cultural heritage.Schedule
: 10 am to 2 pm and 4 pm to 8pm.